This kind of Baked Pasta with Tomatoes and Mozzarella is an italian recipe . It is easy, quick to make and it can be cooked for lunch or dinner.
- 400 g pasta
- 100 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 450 g mozzarella
- 1 white onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 dried red chili, crushed
- 3 x 400 g cans of good-quality plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
Baked Pasta with Tomatoes and Mozzarella
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box.
- In a big skillet add olive oil, onion, garlic and chili and slowly fry it for 10 minutes on a medium to low heat ,until softened. Add the can tomatoes, and let them simmer for another 10 minutes, at low heat.
- Season with basil, salt, pepper and red wine vinegar.
- In a baking tray layer the pasta, then add the sauce, the mozzarella pieces and one layer of parmesan.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F and bake the pasta for about 15 minutes until golden on top.