I’m sure you always have some kind of canned vegetables in your pantry. This is how this Black Bean and Corn recipe was “born”. I had to make a quick and easy meal and so it happened that i had corn and beans at home, so I used these 2 as the main ingredients. I have to admit that I was not expecting to end up with such a great meal! I think the chili flakes took this dish from a good meal to an amazing one. You can use as little or as much chili as you like!
Ingredients 4 servings:
- 400 g canned black beans
- 200 g canned sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- chili flakes, to taste
Black Beans and Corn
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook for about 5 min. until translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Drain and wash the black beans, also drain the corn. Add the beans and corn to the pan. Season with salt, pepper, oregano and chili flakes. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally,for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, transfer on a serving dish and serve the Black Beans and Corn immediately . You can add some wine vinegar on top as well if you like.