If you want a quick and tasty appetizer, then you must try these Cheese Balls recipe. They are easy to do and look good for a party.
- 400 g fine grated cheese (any kind of cheese works)
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 3, 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 700 ml cooking oil
- Using a large bowl, mix together flour and cheese. Add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt, depending of how salty the cheese is. Separately, beat 3 eggs and add them to the flour mixture. Using your hands, mix them until you have a nice dough like mixture. If it looks too dry ,add 1 more egg. The quantities depend on the size of the eggs so it`s better to put 1 more egg if needed.
- Take 1 tablespoon of dough and form the cheese balls with your hands.Place them on a plate.
- Put the oil in a large pot on medium heat. The cheese balls must be covered in oil while frying. When the oil is hot add the cheese balls.They will go all the way down into the oil and start to rise when they start frying, wait 1, 2 minutes until they develop a light golden color and take them out using a skimmer .Place them on a paper towel .
- Serve the Cheese Balls hot or cold.