This Cheesecake is smooth and creamy. The secret ingredient is, of course, the Philadelphia cream cheese. It goes really well topped with blueberries jam.
Keep all ingredients at room temperature, so they don’t form lumps. It is essential to keep the cheese at room temperature before you begin. If you do not have time to wait 2 hours, cut the cheese into small cubes and let it soften in the kitchen for 1 hour.
The recipe is for 8 big pieces, level of difficulty: easy, cooking time: 1 hour 30 + 2 hours for cooling and 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- 85 g butter, plus a little extra to grease the pan
- 140 g digestive biscuits, finely crushed with a blender
- 1 tablespoon granulated brown sugar
- 900 g Original Philadelphia cream cheese (full-fat)
- 250 g brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- 3 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 200 ml sour cream, 25% fat
- Place the grill in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 160 C electric ventilation / conventional 180 C or at the gas at step 4. Place baking paper on the bottom of a round pan with removable bottom, 23 cm diameter. For the dough, melt the butter in a medium size pot. Pour over the crushed biscuits the butter with sugar and mix until the biscuits are well combined. Shape the mixture with your fingers on the bottom of the pan and leave it in the oven for 10 minutes. Then remove the pan and let it cool for a while while preparing the cream filling.
- For the filling, increase the oven temperature to 200 C electric ventilation / conventional 240 C or at the gas at stage 9. With a mixer, beat the cream cheese at medium speed until creamy , about 2 minutes. Set the mixer on the lowest speed and gradually add sugar, flour and a pinch of salt.
- Continue by adding vanilla, lemon zest and juice. Add the eggs, one by one, then the yolk. Add the 200 ml sour cream and continue to mix at minimum speed while adding cream . Beat the mixture until all is well mixed. The cream should be smooth and slightly aerated.
- Brush the edges of the tray with melted butter and pour the filling. If there will be any lumps on top, crush them with a knife – the surface should be as smooth as possible. This time, place the pan in a baking pan, not directly on the grill. Bake the cake for 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 90 C with electric ventilation / conventional 110 C or at the gas at step 1/4 and leave it another 25 minutes. If you shake the pan gently,the filling should move easily. Then turn off the oven and open the door if you want it to be more creamy in the middle. Leave the oven door closed if you prefer to have a more dry texture. Let it cool in the oven for 2 hours.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and leave it in the refrigerator at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Run a knife on the edge of the cake, in order to loosen the tray. Remove the edge of the tray, carefully place the cake on a plate, and remove the paper.