I don’t usually eat at fast food, but from time to time I crave this KFC chicken. The problem is that after this chicken I have some stomach pain, even thought I like it and I think it is really tasty. Anyway To avoid this I said that I will make some home made Chicken Fingers, this is how the recipe of Chicken Fingers with Honey and Mustard Sauce was born. Don’t imagine that this will taste identically with the ones at KFC, but they will definitely be so good that you will wanna eat everything that is on your plate. They go well with sweet and sour sauce, so if you like honey and mustard you will also enjoy this sauce.
When I started to cut the chicken I was thinking of how much time the frying will take, but it didn’t take as long as I imagined. If you use the same meat quantities, you can fry the chicken in two rounds by using a 23 cm pan and in the end you will have aprox. 20 pieces.
- oil for frying
- 650 g chicken breast, without skin
- 2 eggs
- 10 tablespoons white flour
- 16 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly grounded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chilly flakes
Ingredients Honey and Mustard Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, freshly grounded
Chicken Fingers with Honey and Mustard Sauce
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chilly flakes.
- Separately beat the eggs.
- Cut the chicken breast in stripes of aprox. 2 cm wide. Place the flour in a tupperware, put the chicken inside and the lead on, then shake it well so the meat has flour on all sides.
- Put the oil in a pan on heat. Take the chicken and dip it in egg and then the breadcrumbs and into the pan. Fry it for about 4 min, on each side. when ready, place them on a kitchen paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix the honey, mustard and cream, season with salt, lemon and pepper.
- Serve the Chicken Fingers with Honey and Mustard Sauce.