This Chickpeas with Spinach recipe is inspired from Jamie Oliver and it goes well for breakfast or lunch. This recipe is so simple to prepare that it is impossible for you to mess it up, and it only takes 15 minutes to cook.
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 big red onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- chilli flakes
- mustard seeds
- 400 g can chickpeas
- 800 g spinach, fresh or frozen
Chickpeas with Spinach
- In a skillet,add the oil and the onion, the garlic and a spoon of the seasonings( cumin,chilli flakes and mustard seeds) and let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chikpeas from the can without draining the juice. Fill half the can with water and add it to the skillet as well.
- Let it cook another 5 minutes and then add the spinach. Let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Finish with a little bit of lemon juice and some extra virgin olive oil.