I usually make the stuffed eggs with mayonnaise sauce on top, and i fill them with chicken pate. This Chili Stuffed Eggs are much lighter. These are much lighter than the ones with mayo and pate. You can season them as you prefer. I like them spicy, so I really enjoy the combination of garlic and chili.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- chili seeds
- basil leaves
- black pepper
Chili Stuffed Eggs
- Boil the eggs on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Then put them in cold water, to cool down, peel them and cut them in halves, horizontally .Remove the yolks and place them in another dish.
- Cut a little from the bottom of the eggs so they will stand upright when you place them on the platter.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the finely chopped garlic with the cream cheese, sour cream, tomato paste and a little bit of chili. Now that everything is smooth, add the egg yolks and mix just for a few seconds. Season them to taste ,using salt and pepper.
- Fill each egg white with the composition and decorate with a basil leave.
- Serve the Chili Stuffed Eggs just as they are or with bread buns.