This Chocolate Mousse Cake is the kind of cake that will make you crave more and more chocolate. It is so delicious, moist and it has this intense flavor of roasted walnuts from the layer that holds all this creamy chocolate.
- 200 g walnuts
- 125 g butter
- Ingredients cream
- 250 g milk chocolate
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 175 g of butter at room temperature
- 250 ml white sugar
- 6 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 150 ml heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon unflavored granulated gelatin
Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Put the walnuts on a baking tray with baking paper ,at 200 C. They only need 3,4 minutes to be roasted, so be careful not to burn them. When ready, let it cool down completely and then rub them in your palms so the skin comes off. And cut them into smaller pieces.
- To make the cake- melt 125 g butter in a small pot, at medium heat. Put the walnuts in a 22 cm baking tray with a ring. Pour the melted butter so you get a layer that covers the entire bottom of the tray. Place the tray in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, until the butter gets hard .
- Melt the chocolate using the bain marie technique, stirring constantly until it melts and becomes creamy.Add 100 ml heavy cream and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Separately, pour 50 ml whipping cream and sprinkle in the gelatin. Allow it to bloom for 10 minutes, then put it on low heat( do not boil it, that will ruin the effect of the gelatin). Then, stir it into the cooled chocolate and set it aside.
- Separately, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and white sugar until fluffy. Then add the eggs and mix for 3 to 4 minutes. Pour in the chocolate and whisk until well combined.
- Take the tray from the refrigerator and pour over the chocolate cream composition. Put it back in the fridge for at least 3 hours or until hardened.
- Before you serve the Chocolate Mousse Cake garnish it with some blackberries .