This Chocolate Pie recipe is perfect for those of you who like dark chocolate desserts. Even if you are not a great baker, try this recipe and you will end up with a really fast and delicious dessert.
- 260 g all purpose flour
- 100 g sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 170 g cold butter ( cut into cubes )
- 2 egg yolks mixed with 3 tablespoons of water
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 300 g heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- To make the dough by hand, in a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and salt. Using a pastry cutter or 2 knives, cut the butter into the flour mixture until the texture resembles coarse cornmeal, with butter pieces no larger than small peas. Add the egg yolks and mix just until the dough pulls together.
- Cover the dough with a towel and leave it in the fridge for 20 min ( don’t skip this step)
- Heat the cream and the beaten eggs, and mix them well.
- Melt the chocolate using the bain-marie technique, then mix it with the cream until it is all blended.
- Take the dough out of the fridge, let it rest for 10 minutes, then roll it so it can fit a 22 cm round pie pan.
- Poke the pie dough with a fork, and place a few beans in the pan so the dough can stay flat even after baking.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C, then lower the heat to 180 C and bake the pie crust for 20 min.
- Remove the pan from the oven and reduce the temperature to 140 C.
- Let the dough to cool down for 15-20 min, then pour in the filling. Turn off the oven, and then place the pie inside. Let it stay in the oven ( turned off ) for 20 minutes and then let it to cool down for 2 hours.
- Serve the Chocolate Pie with whipping cream.