The best meringues are hard on the outside but soft on the inside. These cocoa meringues don’t take more than 15 minutes to prepare before baking them. Another thing about this kind of dessert is that you don’t have to bake more than one tray because being a very sweet dessert , you won’t be able to eat more than 2 or 3 pieces.
- 4 egg whites
- 8.80 ounces sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites. But place the bowl that you are mixing the whites in, on a pot with water in it, on medium heat.
- When you get soft peaks , add the sugar, but only one tablespoon at a time. Mix until you added all the sugar and until all sugar is dissolved.Then, take the bowl from the heat, add the lemon juice and stir.
- In another bowl, add the cocoa and a little bit of water. Mix until you get a smooth mixture.
- Mix the cocoa and the egg whites, and stir slowly only a few times so the meringues get a little bit of color.
- Place some parchment paper into a baking tray , then using 2 spoons, make some nicely shaped meringues .Or you can use a decorative bag as well with any tip you like.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven for one hour at 212 F.
- When the Cocoa Meringues are done, let them cool down completely before you place them on a serving plate.