Cornmeal Crusted Turkey Schnitzel is very similar with the chicken one, except that this one needs to be flattened out thinner so we can have a delicious and moist schnitzel. For the crust I used cornmeal instead of all purpose flour, resulting in a crunchier crust and a much tastier schnitzel.
- about 300g turkey breast ( slices )
- 2 eggs
- 4,5 tablespoons of yellow cornmeal
- salt and pepper
- 1 small broccoli
- 2 carrots ( medium size)
Cornmeal Crusted Turkey Schnitzel
- Heat butter in a heavy-bottomed cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Chop the broccoli into small pieces and add it to the pan. Then add the thinly sliced carrots. Put the lid on the skillet and leave this to cook until they softened. Then season them with salt.
- Slice the turkey into thin slices. Flatten the turkey breasts with a meat pounder until thin. Do not
flatten them too much.
Season the meat on each side with salt and pepper. Dip it into the beaten egg, then place it in the cornmeal flour .
- Heat oil into the cooking pan, add the schnitzel and cook it on medium heat, on both sides until it gets a golden brown color.
- Place the schnitzel on a paper towel and then serve it with a sides of vegetables.