Some of my favorite recipes are from my Grandma, this Fettuccine with Potatoes and Paprika is one of them. I think it`s amazing how the flavors of the food can take you back in time where you first ate them, and this recipe is one of those.
- 500 g fettuccine pasta
- 10 or 12 small and medium potatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- salt and pepper
- to serve: plain yogurt
Fettuccine with Potatoes and Paprika
- We`ll start by peeling and cutting the potatoes into small cubes.
- Then we ll boil them into salted water. When they’re done, we`ll drain them and let them air dry.
- We boil the pasta in some salted water as well. In the meantime we`ll add some olive oil in a pan so we can cook the onion, that has been cut into small pieces.
- We let the onion cook at medium heat until it becomes soft.
- Then,we add 2-3 tablespoons of sweet red pepper spice and mix it well with the onion and we`ll add the potatoes right away, so we don`t overcook the onion and sweet red pepper spice.
- With a wood spatula we ll smash the potatoes just like we would when we make smash potatoes.
- And we stir continuously, If the oil has been absorbed by the potatoes, we add some more and let them cook until some potatoes are turning golden brown and have a slight crust.
- We`ll add some salt and pepper, more pepper than salt, cause the pepper and the sweet red pepper spice are the ones that defines this dish.
- It can be served them with organic thick yogurt or Greek yogurt, any of this two will do it.