This it my favorite way of cooking cauliflower. The secret is to use a lot of garlic so it will be well flavored. Garlic Mashed Cauliflower is easy to make and goes well to be prepared ahead as an appetizer or snack.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 250 ml sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Break the cauliflower into pieces and put it in boiling salted water. Let it boil until it is soft enough, try it with a fork. Then put it to drain in a sieve and let it cool down.
- Prepare mayonnaise from one egg yolk using a mixer. Put the yolk in a bowl, add 1 teaspoon mustard and gradually add the oil, use about 200 ml oil. When ready add the lemon juice.
- After the cauliflower has cooled, mash it using a potato masher until is smooth. Add the mayonnaise and garlic. Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Mashed Cauliflower on fresh bread.