Hasselback Potatoes is the best way to cook potatoes. After they bake, they turn into this amazing golden slices. The recipe has its name from a restaurant from Stockholm, called Hasselbacken, where they were served for the very first time.
The original recipe is more complex, with more ingredients, but I chose to do this one cause it`s really easy to prepare.
- Golden potatoes
- sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the potatoes really well , using a harsh sponge. Then place them one by one in a spoon and cut it into 0.11 Inch slices but don`t cut it all the way. The spoon is used as a trick so we can cut the potato only as much as we like, and doing this the bottom part of the potato it s gonna hold the slices together.
- Preheat the oven at 428 F.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray, add butter cubes on top, olive oil and salt.
- The potatoes should be layered only in one layer.
- Leave it to bake for 45 minutes. But pay attention if the slices are remaining too close to each other .Cause if they do you`ll have to increase the temperature and during the last 10 minutes set the oven on ventilation setting .
- When the Hasselback Potatoes are done, serve them right away along with a yogurt sauce or you can use them as a side dish.