This is my first time cooking in a Crock Pot and let me say i love it! This Moroccan Lentil Soup is made using a few simple ingredients but in the end the flavor of the soup is outstanding. Using a crock pot is the easiest way of cooking. All you have to do is place the ingredients in the pot, select the cooking temperature ( high or low), turn it on and you are all set. You don’t need to stir in it, the food it won’t stick to the bottom of the pot, and you can set it to be done a few hours later, so you’ll have it ready at the time you chose. Since the first time i used the crock pot i noticed that the ingredients come out looking the same as when they were raw, it s just that they are cooked .But the colors remain the same and the flavor is so much more intense than cooking the traditional way. The vegetables don’t get over cooked and it’s simply a pleasure making a dish this way.
- 4 onions, finely chopped
- 6 carrots, chopped
- 2,3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 garlic cloves ( minced or thinly sliced)
- 2tbl olive oil
- 1 tsp grounded cumin
- 1tsp grounded coriander
- 1/2 tsp freshly grounded black pepper
- 1,4 l chicken broth or vegetable stalk
- 500 ml water
- 400 ml green lentil
- 400ml canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 lemon for serving
Moroccan Lentil Soup Slow Cooker
- Add the ingredients to the pot: the onion, carrots, potatoes, the garlic, oil, cumin, coriander, pepper and stir everything. Add the lentil (washed and drained), the canned tomatoes, all the liquid and stir again.
- Cover the pot with the lid and set it to the HIGH temperature setting for 4 hours. You can chose the low temperature as well but the cooking time will be 8-10 hours.
- Serve the soup with a few drops of lemon juice and enjoy!