This Meatless Pizza is one of my favorite. The dough is thin, just as I prefer it, and the toppings are going well together especially if you are in the mood for a meat free pizza. The most important thing for this kind of pizza is the dressing. This pizza doesn`t have a prominent taste so the combinations with the sauces are great, one is spicy and well flavored and the other one is with garlic.
Ingredients 2 large pizza:
- 9 ounces flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 175 ml hot water
- 0.26 ounces dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- whole can tomatoes , 3 or 4 tablespoons sauce and about 3 tomatoes on one pizza
- black olives with the pits in
- 10 small mushrooms
- 6.17 ounces cheese ( cubes)
- sour cream and yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- oregano and basil
- 1 hot pepper
- Put the water, the dry yeast and the sugar in a bowl and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- In a big bowl mix the flour with the salt and make a little space in the middle of the flour so you can add the water and the olive oil there. Slowly, using a fork, mix the flour with the wet ingredients, taking a little bit of flour from the edges until it becomes a well mixed dough.
- On a wood board, sprinkle a little bit of flour and start working the dough. You should knee the dough for about 5 minutes.
- Then place it in a bowl and let it rest in a warm place, covered with a towel, for about 45 minutes.
- After the 45 min the dough should rise double in volume. Take the dough, work it a little with hands and cut it into 3, 4 equal parts.
- Use your palm to flatten the dough. Prepare the baking pans where you`re gonna place the dough.
- After you placed the dough on the parchment pan, add the tomatoes and the sauce from the can, the sliced mushrooms, then the olives and the shredded cheese.
- Put the pizza in the preheated oven, at 400 F and let it bake for 10, 15 minutes.
- The pizza dough should be soft when you take it out from the oven so don`t overcook it.
White Garlic Sauce
This part it`s like making a mayonnaise but instead of using eggs we are using garlic. Peel the garlic and shred it, put it in a small bowl then whisk it add a little bit of olive oil until you make a paste. When the paste becomes fluffy you can add the sour cream. Then 2, 3 tablespoons of yogurt and season with salt.
In a small bowl put the olive oil, the basil, oregano and the sliced hot pepper and mix them all together.