In my opinion, fish is the easiest to cook. For the fish to come out perfect, all you have to do is remember not to over cook it and keep in mind a few seasonings that pair the best with the fish you are using . This Pan Fried Trout with Bacon is very easy to make and the crunchy bacon flavor makes this dish truly delicious.
- 4 whole trout fish (cleaned and ready to cook)
- 8 think slices of bacon
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 handful of fresh rosemary leaves ( if using dry rosemary, crush it first using a mortar )
- 1 lemon
- coarse sea salt
- freshly grounded black pepper
- olive oil
Pan Fried Trout with Bacon
- Rinse the fish, then dry them using a paper towel.
- Season them on the inside and on the outside with salt and pepper .
- Add oil in a big frying pan , add the fish .Reduce the heat a little bit, then add the crushed garlic, the onion ( round slices ) and the rosemary.
- Cook the fish for 5 minutes on each side, then add 1-2 slices of bacon on each fish.
- When it’s done, squeeze a few drops of lemon on them.
- The fish can be served with a side of potatoes.