This Pasta Salad is great for a appetizer because you can prepare it ahea, but is also good as a main dish.
- 400 g mini shell pasta
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 large tomatoes (600 g)
- 2 hands of black olives pitted, unsalted
- 4 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 7 tablespoons, extra virgin olive oil
- salt sea
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil or dried
- Bring a large pan with salted water to a boil, add the pasta and garlic, skin on. Meanwhile finely cut tomatoes and olives, cut them of the size of a pasta, or smaller.
- When the pasta it`s cooked put them under cold running water and leave them to drain. To make the dressing, peel the garlic and mush it in a pestle and mortar, then put it in a bowl and add about 7 tablespoons olive oil and 4 large tablespoons of red wine vinegar.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl from which you`ll serve it, add the tomatoes and olives and pour the garlic sauce, freshly ground black pepper and basil, add more salt if you like it saltier.
- Mix the Pasta Salad and is ready to be served!