I think I could eat every day peas! I love this new breakfast of Peas with Toast and Egg. It’s rely easy to make and goes well with fried egg instead of boiled depending of what you like. When making the peas pure I usually like to leave few tablespoons of the whole peas and then mix them with the peas pure.
- 200 g frozen peas
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of bread and some extra for the bread
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly grounded
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
Peas with Toast and Egg
- Place the peas in hot pot with 2 tablespoons of butter. Mix from time to time and leave them on slow heat with the lid on. After 5 minutes, season with: salt, pepper, cumin and basil, mix and cover it up. Leave for about 15 minutes total, until the peas turn soft. After it’s ready, place the peas in the blender and make a smooth paste, add the olive oil and season more if needed.
- Boil the eggs in water, leave them 4 minutes if you want a soft egg.
- Butter the slices of bread. Place them in a thick pan on medium heat. Leave on each side until they turn golden.
- Serve the peas on the toasted bread with egg on top.