Potato Soup as my Mum used to do it when I was a child.
- 400 g new white potatoes
- 2 small carrots
- 2 medium onions
- 1 slice of celery, 1 cm thick
- 2 garlic cloves
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
- heavy cream
- Chop the carrots, the onions, the celery and the garlic and place them in a pan that you`re gonna cook the soup in. Add olive oil. And cook them until the carrots have softened and the rest of ingredients are lightly golden.
- Pell the potatoes and cut them into thin slices or 0.40 inch cubes.
- Add the potatoes and give the vegetables a good stir. Let them simmer for a few minutes, then add hot water( or chicken broth ) to cover the vegetables.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes and check if the potatoes are cooked, then season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the pan from the heat and place it in a serving bowl.
- Add the heavy cream and enjoy the Potato Soup!