This Raspberry Roll is quick, easy to make and the combination of ingredients it’s just perfect! This is the kind of dessert I enjoy the most. Perfect for any occasion. You can use any kind of fresh fruits, from berries to bananas and even chocolate chips.
- 3 handfuls of raspberries
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 100 g (1/2 cup) white flour
- 50 g (1/2 cup) cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 pinch of salt
- 165 g (3/4 cups) sugar
- Preheat the oven to 176 ° C.
- Mix the flour with cornstarch and baking powder.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks, then add all the sugar and beat until all the sugar dissolves. Add one egg yolk at a time, until you add all 4 yolks.
- Add a little bit of flour at a time, stirring gently with a spoon.
- Use a parchment paper for the baking tray( approx. 40-30 cm). Pour in the batter and bake it for 30 min.
- After it’s baked don’t wait for it to cool down, but cover it with baking paper, otherwise it will harden and will not be easy to roll.
- Roll it, and wrap it in a towel. Leave it like this until you make the cream.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream until it is thick, Then unroll the cake and spread the whipping cream. Add the raspberries and roll it.
- Slice the cake and serve this delicious and fresh Raspberry Rolls with vanilla cream on top.