- 250 ml crushed pineapple ( 1 cup )
- 375 ml peeled and grated carrots (about 3 carrots) ( 1 1/2 cups )
- 125 ml raisins ( 1/2 cup )
- 330 g brown sugar ( 1 1/4 cups )
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml vegetable oil ( 1/2 cup )
- 60 ml water ( 1/4 cups )
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 260 g white flour ( 2 cups )
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp cocoa
- 1 hand of walnuts
Slow Cooker Carrot Cake
- Strain the crushed pineapple so we will get rid of the excess liquid. Peel and finely grate the carrots.
- In large bowl, beat together brown sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla and water until smooth.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Add to egg mixture along with carrots, pineapple and raisins and stir just until moistened.
- Line bottom of the 4,5 l slow cooker with parchment paper, leaving a bit of paper all around so it will be easy to take the cake out when it’s done.
- Pour the batter into slow cooker and cover with the lid. Cook on high for about 2 hours and 30 minutes, until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- I recommend that halfway through baking to pick up the pottery vessel from the machine and turn it 180 degrees to avoid the risk of burning the cake on one side.
- When ready, remove from the slow cooker, remove paper and leave it on a rack to cool down, about 30 min.
- Beat whipping cream and add 2, 3 tbsp of white sugar. After the cake cooled completely, put the whipped cream on top and decorate the cake with some walnuts and sprinkle some cocoa powder in the middle.