This recipe of Swedish Apricot and Almond Cake is my favorite kind of cake, because of how moist this cake is. Also, the apricots and roasted almonds are a perfect combination. This recipe is quick and easy, I recommend it even if you don`t have any baking skills .
I enjoy doing this dessert especially during holidays because of it`s simplicity and how much everyone likes it. I promise you that after you try it once you will want to make it again. Having the butter in the composition ,makes it stay moist even the next day, but usually there is nothing left for the days ahead.
- 150 g butter
- 200 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 175 g white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 420 g apricot halves from the can
- 70 g toasted and chopped blanched almonds
Swedish Apricot and Almond Cake
- Toast the almonds using a baking tray , at 180 C until they become golden brown.
- Melt the butter using a stove or the microwave. In a large bowl of an electric mixer, whisk together the butter and sugar. Add one egg, continue mixing and add the other one. After the composition becomes fluffy add the almond extract, milk and the flour combined with the baking powder. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Preheat the oven at 160 C. Pour the cake batter into a 28 cm round tray,lined with baking paper. Put the apricots on top. Place it into the oven and let it bake for about 30 minutes. If you are using peaches instead of apricot, preheat the oven at 180 C, as they are bigger and then the cake needs 30-40 minutes to cook.
- When the Swedish Apricot and Almond Cake is ready, sprinkle chopped almonds on top ,and serve with vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream.