The Tea Cake with Berries is a very easy to make cake. You can use any kind of berries you like. I used red currants. The first time I ate this kind of cake I was in Sweden. I am not necessarily a tea person, but the cake is so good when paired with a cup of tea. You must try it. I adore cakes with soft sponge texture. Being a coffee person, next time I do this recipe, I will try and use some chocolate chips instead of the berries and see how that turns out. You can store the Tea Cake with Berries in an airtight container for a couple of days.
- 4-5 hands of red currants
- 3 eggs
- 300 g caster sugar
- 5, 6 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 100 g butter
- 150 ml milk
- 250 g white flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Tea Cake with Berries
- Start by mixing 5 tablespoons of sugar with the red currants and leave them over night in the fridge ,to be ready to use the next day.
- Preheat the oven at 200 C.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar using a mixer ,until they are fluffy.
- Put the milk on medium heat, add the butter, then turn the heat off.
- Using some butter, grease a 20 cm round baking tin.
- Mix the baking powder with the flour and then add it to the eggs. Add the milk ,and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the tray and place the red currants on top.Then sprinkle some cinnamon on the cake .
- Bake for 35 min.
- When the Tea Cake with Berries is ready, serve it with vanilla custard.