Making pizza at home is easy if you enjoy making the dough. In the past I was using my machine bread maker to knead the dough and now I have a kneading machine so it is so much easier to make pizza dough. Usually I make more then enough dough and then I refrigerate it until the next day or put it in the freezer for a few days. Anyway when we talk about the toppings, we often like to use only vegetables and cheese so this is how the Tomato And Cheese Pizza was born.
This Tomato And Cheese Pizza has some tomato sauce and few whole tomatoes with some extra cheese all around in the pizza crust. You can do this recipe with cheese in crust or not it will be good both ways, it depends on what taste you prefer. Of course instead of the whole tomatoes you can use some salami or any other ingredient you prefer.
- 250 g flour
- 7 g dry yeast
- 175 ml water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4, 5 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 5 whole tomatoes from can
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 170 g mozzarella
Tomato And Cheese Pizza
- Combine warm water, sugar, oil and yeast. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- In a large bowl combine the flour and salt. Pour the water mixture over the flour and start to combine flour with your fingers, mix until a rough dough forms.
- Turn the dough out on a floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes. Add more flour if the dough is to sticky. After the dough is smooth form it into a ball and place it in a oiled large bowl. Cover and set in a warm place for 45 minutes. Usually I turn the oven at 50 C for 3-5 minutes and place the bowl there.
- After the dough has doubled in size is ready. Place it on a floured surface and cu it in 3 pieces.
- Roll out as thin as possible and place it in pan with baking sheet. Spread the tomato sauce, add the tomatoes and mozzarella. Sprinkle some oregano on top.
- Optional: you can add some mozzarella cheese in the crust if you like. Before you put anything on the pizza, place some grated mozzarella on the edge, all around. Take little from the sides of the dough and cover the cheese all around pressing it with your fingers. After that add the rest of the ingredients as you would usually do.
- Place it in the oven at 200 C for 10 to 15 minutes.